Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hunter's First Date

It's official- the dating scene will never be the same again! Hunter invited a girl (Jessie) to Red and White Ball- I didn't realize that he was going to ask anyone. I would have helped him ask in a more creative way than sending his friends to ask for him. Doesn't he know he should try to be creative????

Getting a boy ready for a school dance is a whole new experience for me. Buying dresses and shoes for the girls was fun- but what do you do for boys???? I figured that since we did an outfit and hair for the girls, Hunter deserved the same. This was a semi-formal dance- no tux- Yeah for Hunter! He already had a new white shirt and new black slacks- that counts right??? So I purchased a new tie and ordered a corsage- or cursage as Hunter likes to call them. I called and made an appointment for a haircut too- we can't go out looking like a baby bald eagle now, can we?

I asked him to make an itinerary for the night. Who, where, when, find out curfews, cell phone numbers, etc. I told him that he needed to give Jessie's parents a copy of the itinerary as well- that's just respectful, right? Hunter disagreed, he thought the idea was pretty lame. Nonetheless, he did leave home that night with an itinerary for her parents. Whether he actually gave it to them or not is a different story...
Here's Hunter before he left on his date- cursage and all. Now I ask, who wouldn't want to date someone who looks that happy? He didn't bring Jessie back for pictures- he promised a picture from the dance.This is Hunter's $19 "cursage". He didn't know that flowers cost so much! I advised him to remove it from the bag BEFORE he went into get Jessie. Hope he listened! The entire night ended up costing him a pretty penny. I'll bet he thinks twice before asking someone out again!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, our boys are growing up. Hope he and Jessie has a wonderful time. Dating really is expensive when dances are concerned. Maybe sometime he will actually smile in a picture so we can save it for posterity. Hope he did have fun, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way 2 Go HUNTER!!! I couldn't be prouder. Who is this Jessie girl, is she cute, did you kiss her, was it fun, what'd you do? I wish he were really here or i were there so I could ask all those questions and annoy him. Now that he is "the oldest" at home he needs me to bug him..right? Hope you had fun! You looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete