Saturday, May 30, 2009

Birthday Cakes All Around

One of the biggest obstacles to work around with twins is birthdays. Each one wants to do their own thing for their big day and unfortunately they still have to share. We compromised this year by allowing them to each pick their own eat out birthday dinner. This is actually the first year they have not agreed on where to eat...I benefited by eating out both Friday and Saturday! (Wes is going to start thinking I've forgotten how to cook!)

I have always made each of them a cake of their choosing, except when we've spent the day at Disneyland. We've had two Elmo cakes, Mickey and Minnie, Superman and Wonder Woman, Tink and Buzz, Pocahontas and Taz. This year they each picked something totally different. It's fun to see them grow and have unique interests.

Ryan picked a horse cake. He loves the horses and helping Grandpa with chores. I waited too long to order a horse pan, so we settled on an animal face pan and did our best to make it look like a horse. He was a happy guy and that's all that matters!

Katelyn chooses to follow my example and LOVE Disney! She picked Ariel this year. She loves all the Disney Princesses and Tink. It just wouldn't have been the same without a Disney cake!

Renny spent the day with us while the rest of Rikki's family went to the hot springs. I worried I wouldn't be able to finish the cakes on time with three littles at home, but Ryan and Kate did a great job entertaining him.

Look! I'm finally walking more than I crawl!

No comments:

Post a Comment