Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dog Food and Jellyfish Sandwiches

I love to cook, but I have to wonder...Why in the world is it still a Mom's job to do the cooking for the family???

Point in case- I get up early to go to work- 03:10 to be exact. I work long hours and usually get home just before 18:00 (6:00 p.m. for those who are trying desperately to translate!). Now, Wes and Hunter both get up about 06:30 and they get home from work and chores about 17:00. About 99.9% of the time they are both sitting in front of the TV when I get home.

One would think that the first question asked by either of them would be "How was your day?" Nope- It's usually "What's for dinner????" I've already made at least a hundred decisions throughout the day and they want me to make another????

Now, don't get me wrong, if I've had the day off, I make dinner. No complaints, I don't mind. But why is it that when they are both home on the weekends that I work, no one has the ability to start dinner? I've heard the excuse that they were busy all day. OK- on my days off I clean, do laundry, chase the littles, break up the battles AND make dinner! Is that not busy?

So from now on when they ask after I've worked all day they'll get the standard answer my mother used to give:

"Dog food and jellyfish sandwiches!" (I get it now Mom!)

4 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmhhhhh....Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I not surprised that your mom would have something amazing like that to quell the dinnertime question hysteria? Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom like i said the other night.. you are the best mom ever and i know kinda how you feel.. not so much the dinner thing but coming home from work and cleaning everything while everyone sits on their butts.. that is.. UNEXCEPTABLE!! haha i have the best mother in the world! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that statement finally has clarity for you. There's a statement to pass on to your posterity.

    ReplyDelete