Sunday, May 24, 2009

Blast From The Past II

Here's another oldie but goodie... This is probably taken @ 1974-75. Mindy and I with Grandpa P., taken at the old farm house in South Jordan. We were in front of the east side of the garage - I remember that Grandma had pretty little flowers in the bed with the junipers. I think they were bleeding hearts, but I'm not positive. Grandma also had snap dragons in the flower beds around the house. I remember sitting under the huge elm tree in the shade during the summers and squeezing the flowers to make them "open" their mouth!

We used to try and crack the safe on the patio- a favorite past time of all the cousins! We all wanted the Pepsi's that were locked inside. The Uncles and Grandpa would make homemade ice cream in the hand crank wooden ice cream freezer- Yum!

I also remember Grandpa helping us pick currants to eat. They were planted on the north side of the house by the kitchen and the front porch. They were warm and sweet!

Cindy and I played in the yellow rose bushes in the front yard- we would sit on the stump in the bush- we must have been really small then, otherwise it would have been a bit prickly! Oh- and who could forget all the chestnuts in the front?? Those really hurt to step on with bare feet!

Any other memories?- Please share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment