Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Playground Reasoning

I took Katelyn and Ryan to school last week. I usually walk them to the doors because Ryan thinks it's funny to close the door on Katelyn. She's too little to open it with her backpack on.

When we got to the door, one of Ryan's friends came running up- "Hey Ryan, don't forget to meet at the slide at recess, and DON'T bring your sister." Before Ryan could even speak, Katelyn jumped in with-"I can go wherever I want and play on the slide- MY mom pays taxes too!" Where do kids come up with this stuff??? Truly brilliant on her part- The boy just looked at her and said, "Oh, alright." For someone so little, she can hold her own with her wit.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I think maybe she listens much more than we think right? Kids are totally like sponges....and they remember all the bad stuff...REALLY well. That's seriously such a good one!

    ReplyDelete