Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Disney Keys to Excellence

I was able to attend the seminar "The Disney Keys To Excellence" on Wednesday with two of my friends from work. We had a great time and learned a lot too. It was really a fun atmosphere- the instructors were awesome. I can't wait to get back to work and "create magic"!
I would really like to be able to attend the 3 1/2 day Leadership Excellence program at Disneyland or Disney World some day. Maybe next year...
One of my favorite things that was said at the seminar regarding leadership was the following:
"You can't push a rope-You can only pull it!"
We need to be leaders and take the lead position- pull others along! After all, you can't push people into anything. If you pull the rope, they'll soon be onboard pulling too!
We were given a copy of Creating Magic by Lee Cockerell to enjoy too. I've already starting reading and it's a fantastic book- can't wait to finish it. Maybe it will help with Hunter...

No comments:

Post a Comment