Friday, July 17, 2009

50th Anniversary

Wes' parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today. I get to attempt to re-make their wedding cake- with a 50th anniversary touch of course! I love decorating cakes, but I don't like the stress that I put on myself to do the perfect job. Wes says that they always turn out beautifully- I can find every little flaw!

So, here's the picture Bec sent to me to try and get an idea of what the cake should look like. Wasn't Yetta Karen a beautiful bride? Reed looks as thrilled to take pictures as Wes usually is! Beautiful picture-BUT, kinda hard to tell exactly what the cake looked like.
Bec borrowed the bell and the bride and groom figure from the china hutch and I at least had a general idea to start with. I went smaller so we didn't end up eating cake for the next week. So, here's what I came up with...

Hope they love it!

3 comments:

  1. I love it and I'm sure they will, too! :) That looks beautiful and appears to be an excellent rendition of the original! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, that is absolutely beautiful, you've outdone yourself on this cake. I know Yetta will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa told me he loved it! I love it. I just wish I could have tasted it :) Great Job! I hope the party was fun!

    ReplyDelete