Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ryan's a Star Too!

Here it is! The long awaited Ryan "Shining Star" poster. It's been a few weeks since he was the star of his class-it just took me this long to get him in the mood to hold it up for a picture. (Boys!) I have to admit I was really happy when he LET me work on this poster with him. Ryan doesn't like girls. Girls like dolls, girls put stuff in their hair, girls are not boys. This includes Mom. You see I too am a girl (so kindly pointed out by Ryan). He very seldom allows me to do anything with him. I consider it my lucky day if I am allowed to help him tie his shoes!

Back to the poster...He picked everything himself. Stickers and all. The frogs at the bottom HAD to be on lily pads- he tore out the white flowers on them by himself too. The frog on the lower right has legs attached by brads. Underneath the legs, he put hidden Mickeys. If you look really close you can see one showing. This to me was a silent testament that he really does like his Mom...after all, he certainly wouldn't put hidden Mickeys on a poster to please his Dad!

Side note: This picture was taken this morning on his way out the door to school. Notice the hair? He won't let anyone comb it! Girls do their hair, not boys. Whenever it starts to stick up a bit, he announces his need for a haircut!!! What a silly guy!

2 comments:

  1. Great poster, Ryan and Mom. Great to see the forms going up for the foundation pour. Looking forward to seeing everybody at Warren's birthday party today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That is too funny:) Poster looks like fun!:) They are growing too fast!

    ReplyDelete