Friday, March 19, 2010

Only When Wes Goes...

While Wes is gone, Hunter and I get to do a few things that usually don't happen when he's here.
We can eat chips and cheese for dinner and it's OK- We like to melt Velveeta, salsa and chili together- Yummy!

I can read an entire book in a few hours without interruption...

It's the novel that the movie Precious was based on. I liked this book just because it makes me appreciate what I have. It's a very graphic (and disturbing) book and it's very sad-but it does have a good message about self worth.

And we made our favorite cookies that Wes turns his nose up at. We ate them all before I took pictures, but here's the recipe. They're better the second day...

Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c butter
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T vanilla
1 t almond extract
1/2 c sour cream
1/3 c water
2- 3/4 c flour
3/4 t salt
3/4 t soda
1 (8oz) bottle of maraschino cherries-chopped
1 (12oz) bag of chocolate chips
1/2 c slivered almonds (optional)

Cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla, almond extract, sour cream and water. Add dry ingredients. Stir in cherries, chips and nuts. Drop by heaping teaspoon- Bake at 350 on lightly greased sheet pan for 10-12 minutes. Makes 5-6 dozen smaller soft cookies.
To top of the Wes is gone event- Ryan got sick. My kids always wait until Wes is gone and I'm at work to need to visit the doctor. After a throat swab- which he was very good for- and a stamp set to appease the sick child- we got to go pick up this:

Ryan has strep for the first time. I guess I'm pretty lucky. He's my first kid to get strep-EVER! Let's just hope we can keep Katelyn and Hunter healthy. Hunter has a big date this weekend-Jr Prom!

No comments:

Post a Comment