Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why Is It?????

Why is it that a work day always gets longer when it precedes vacation time???

It never fails, the day seems to be going so well and then...

POW! BAM! CRUNCH!

It all hits within the last two to three hours of the day. It's never just one task. Usually it's five or six things that can't wait.

They need to be done NOW...not when you get back in a week.

It always happens that way. No matter how hard I try and organize my time, I ALWAYS end up staying at least two hours later than usual.

It's just not right!!!!!!



On to another subject...



For those friends and family members who don't know this already...I LOVE to read! I just finished a series of books similar to Harry Potter. (And in record time- three days, four books and only five loads of laundry waiting.)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians- very good, clean read, and just as hard to put down as Harry Potter! Story line- Young boy battles mythological monsters- trying to save the world from sure destruction should the Titans take over. I was amazed how much Greek Mythology I retained from my high school years! The fifth book in the series is expected late spring '09. I better pre-order now!!!



2 comments:

  1. Good old Murphey's Law. Hey, no fair! I want to go on vacation! :( I really need one!!! You have time to read?? You must not be busy enough. I cannot remember the last time I read for pleasure. All I am reading these days are college texts. They make me sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that you still have some time for some quality reading now and then. Have you tried the Eragon series about the dragons?

    ReplyDelete