Saturday, January 17, 2009

An Afternoon with Katelyn

It's COLD! Too cold outside for girls. Especially girls without snow pants, boots or gloves. SO...While the BOYS go play with the 4 wheeler and snowmobiles, Kate and I get an afternoon to ourselves. It's important to note that Katelyn would rather go with the boys than stay home with Mom.

What to do...Easy Bake? She wouldn't hear of it!
Bake big cookies? Not a chance!
Read a book? Okay maybe one or two; we ended up reading three. ('Just Awful', 'I Learned From the Mouse' and 'The Little House'.)
Enough stories MOM! I want to watch a movie. My favorite "THE WIZARD OF OZ"!
I've not counted, but I'm sure she's seen the film at least a hundred times. She narrates as we go. Our VHS tape of "The Wizard" was worn out by Katelyn. Santa spent a pretty penny to bring her the DVD of "The Wizard"- since it has not been on the market since 2003. (Thank goodness for EBay!)
Five minutes into the color part in Munchkinland Katelyn announces, "I like the good witch Belinda."
"It's Glinda", I say. She asks if I'm sure. Of course I'm sure I read the books and the 'Wicked' series.
She states emphatically that I am wrong. "Maybe you should learn to read like me."
An afternoon with Katelyn...always good stuff!!
Can we watch something else next time??????

4 comments:

  1. Hey, How are ya?? Welcome to the blog world. Can wait to here what your family is up to! Maybe Katelyn can help you read your microbiology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, welcome to the blog world you will have to check ours out. I was really good at first to keep it updated but I have slown down a bit. New baby and all I just don't have as much time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, good times are hard to come by easily with the kids now a days. Understand you saw Alisha at Disney World. Hope your time at the House of Mouse was fun for all.

    ReplyDelete