Saturday, April 3, 2010

MUD, MUD, MUD!

Wes got a really terrific deal on fill dirt. They dumped about forty loads in the front and back. When they ran out of room, it was dumped on the bottom of the drive. The first night I couldn't get into the driveway because of the massive piles blocking my way. It's a bit deceiving for pile size- try gauging it to Wes on the tractor...the tractor IS NOT small. Then it decided to change back to winter...SNOW, melt, SNOW, melt, SNOW...you get the idea.
(Notice the dark clouds in the picture?) The next morning, I made it to the truck before it melted since I had to be at work before the sun rises. When I made it home that night, I wasn't a happy camper. I had to help Ryan and Katelyn tromp through the slippery mud- about 150 yards- to the garage door. (Computer bag, lunchbag, purse, backpacks, DS's and crafts from Debbie's-UPHILL both ways- really!) I had six inches of mud on the bottoms of my shoes- Katelyn and Ryan had mud to their ankles! What a mess.
Wes fixed it that night so we could drive into the garage. So, it is a little better. Unfortunately there's still a mud hole at the bottom of the drive...and more fill dirt coming!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of finish work on a new yard and driveway!!! We missed you guys on Sunday, hope you had a nice time with Reid's birthday. We had a great visit with Mike and Rikki and the boys - Daxen saw a blue bear through the spotting scope Grandpa set up in the window. He wanted him to "shoot it"!!!

    ReplyDelete