Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hunters Birthday- Happy 17th

No matter what I did, this picture wouldn't post the right way. Figures- Hunter's always been a little goofy anyway...
We celebrated Hunter's big 17th birthday this weekend. Where does time go? It seems like just a few years ago he was starting kindergarten and now he's a junior in high school. I know I've posted this picture before, but it always cracks me up!
Hunter decided that for his birthday dinner he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse. Katelyn and Ryan were so excited that he'd picked there to eat...Obviously Hunter had forgotten about the "Saddle Up" and the "Texas Ye Haa!" that birthday guests are honored with.

After we ate, the waitress brought Hunter ice cream to eat and said that she wasn't going to bring the saddle and embarrass him. Katelyn and Ryan were devastated! They insisted that she bring the saddle. When it came, Hunter refused to sit on it- So Ryan and Katelyn did it for him. The Ye-Haa was as loud as they come. More than loud enough to get the attention of the entire Bear River Girls Basketball team sitting close to us. Hunter can't wait to go back to school Monday! (It really wasn't all that bad...He did get the scope for his 22 that he'd asked for!)
We love you Hunter! Thanks for being the great young man you are. You're a great kid- even if you do try my patience and pester Ryan and Kate!

2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that Hunter is 17 now, doesn't seem that long ago that he was my birthday present!!! Remember the cookie monster, and big foot cakes we shared for our birthdays? Ah, the good old days!!!! I love you to Hunter, even if you are way to big to sit under my arm in Sacrament meeting any more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (late) Birthday to Hunter! I hope it was fun birthday. I heard the family party might have had some questionable topics of conversation. Geez who are those girls' parents :)
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete