Monday, June 29, 2009

What Wes Will Never Do Again...

First, Let me apologize for not posting all week. Getting everything ready to sale the house and working a full time job is really taking up a lot of my time. So the next few posts will be catch-up from the last week. (At least I've posted a few times since Mindy did last!)

Ok- So Wes sent me to get furnishings for the small front entry. The goal is to make it appear welcoming and functional. Simple right? Have you seen this small space??? Not as easy of a task as one might think! Oh, and Wes seems to think that you can buy furniture for a room for about a hundred dollars! Does he think we live in the 1930's????

Anyway, he thought I should buy three chairs to go in the room. I did find three wingback chairs- unfortunately, they were a bit out of my price range, and a bit large! So I found this absolutely darling red gingham set-It was a deal too! I only purchased the love seat because that is about all you can fit in the room. Isn't it cute??? I also purchased a white rocker for the other side of the room. I did pretty well too! I figure for the price that the three chairs would have been and what I paid to purchase the love seat and the rocker- I saved roughly $150.

Was Wes happy???? Absolutely NOT! He does not like the love seat and thinks I spent too much. I think he actually thought it was possible to purchase a room of furniture for under $100! (OK maybe that is possible- But I don't want to make this place look like a college dorm room that a bunch of boys share...Even if wood spools for electrical wire are cheaper!)

I can use this piece in the new house as well. I'm happy and that's what counts right???? I don't think he'll send me out shopping for furniture by myself again : ( What do husbands know about decorating anyway?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Devin totally thinks EVERYTHING should cost around $100-big things I mean. When I bought the carseat for Jonas..I thought he was going to die when he saw the prices. What do they think we live in the 50's? And I couldn't agree more....husbands are CLUELESS about decor!

    ReplyDelete