Monday, June 22, 2009

Race Day

Up to now, I have worked every race day this year. As luck would have it, I was off today for the Dutch Masters III Futurity Finals. So, we packed up the kids and all their junk (DS, games, extra clothes, shoes and jackets) and headed north.

Forty miles into the ride I turned to Wes and announced that it would be a cold day in you know where when I decided to take the three kids in back to Disneyland via car. Traveling anywhere with my kids is a trial. Someone is always touching someone else...

On the way there, we braved a hail storm that sounded like it may rip the top of the truck off. There was about 2-2 1/2 inches of hail on the road and Wes had to slow way down. Great, extend the trip with the heathens in the back!

When we finally got to Jerome, I was disappointed that it was only @ 55 degrees. So much for the first day of summer! Sparky was in the ninth race. We made our way to the grandstands about the eighth race to find a good spot for pictures. Here is Sparky in the post parade...looking good! (He's the three.)
Here he is just before crossing the finish line......and here is the rest of the pack a length and a half behind him! Woo Hoo! The only race I'll probably get to go to this year and I got to get my picture in the winners circle. Not bad for a day at the races!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a Sunday at the races, and add a win to that! That is sweet! I talked to G'Pa and Dad as they were headed home and they both sounded VERY excited. I SOOO wish I would have been there, but then again...it could have been a little warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great racing, Sparky. Hey, cherish those trips together in the car and remember that they won't last forever. I recall fondly some trip across country with you kids, that actually are great remembrances now.

    ReplyDelete