Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's a Lovely Day For A Train Tour

Today we toured. I took Ryan and Katelyn to see the Disney's A Christmas Carol Train Tour. We were very happy that it was a nice day. I had intended on getting up at 7:00 am to be there early. That didn't happen! We were on the road at 11:45- getting these two out the door is certainly a chore. When we got to the train station, the line was nearly three hours long. WOW! We waited anyway...
Ryan and Katelyn enjoyed looking at the trains while we waited...and waited...and waited! A cast member told me that it wouldn't had mattered if we had been earlier. The line to wait actually started a bit before 7 am. Boy- I'm glad I slept in! Three hours and two sodas later, we finally made it! Here it is...It was pretty neat to see. Ryan and Katelyn both touched the train and we got pictures. Unfortunately we can't post everything! AND...In Disney fashion, it was snowing in line near the train. Here are Ryan and Katelyn just before we entered the train...ticket in hand. Inside was really cool and not just because it was air conditioned. We learned how the movie was made (fascinating! I never would have guessed that the actors actually "acted" out the entire script and then that was used to generate the film). We saw costumes and some Charles Dickens pieces- (letters and books). The letters written by Dickens were neat to look at.

Here is the last thing you see as you leave the train. The windows were animated and the snow was falling! After that, we got to see a sneak peek of the film in 3D! Katelyn even enjoyed the preview wearing the 3D glasses over hers. The title for the film had snowflakes falling. Both Katelyn and Ryan were reaching out and trying to catch them...too funny! Can't wait for the film to be released in November- a must see!
We enjoyed the train tour a lot. If you get an opportunity-go see it. Especially if you're a Disney fan. But, I do recommend taking treats, drinks, sunscreen, and an umbrella for shade!

2 comments:

  1. Over 3 hours? The last time I waited that long-it was for Nemo...and I wasn't exactly impressed :) I think that train looks fun and I am super excited to see the movie. Ryan and Katie are so lucky to have a Mom that loves Disney so much!
    PS the house is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had fun, glad you waited out the 3 hours for all the fun you had. I finished Hunter's afghan today, boy is it heavy!!! It's what he asked me for for Christmas, hope he likes it. Sneek up on Wes and get a shot of him wiring for posterity.

    ReplyDelete