Thursday, February 5, 2009

It Was Two Months Today

Two months ago today, a friend of mine was taken from this earthly existence in a tragic car accident. His wife had the privilege of accompanying him on his journey back to Heavenly Father. They left behind two very beautiful children.

I remember well how proud he was of his little children. He always had pictures to show and a new story to tell about his princess or his little man. I will always remember the picture of him with his kids- coloring pictures and eating marshmallows. He always had a smile a mile wide when he talked about his kids.



In honor of Curtis and his wife, I'm asking that all of you do something special today with your kids. You could color at the kitchen table with marshmallows spread out on the table for a snack, read an extra story at bedtime, or just hug them a little tighter and a little longer. Be a little bit more patient, listen a little closer. Life can change so quickly...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and his wife. Their little boy is just darling. You are right about things changing so quickly sometimes. What a blessing it is to know that this life isn't all that there is. Thanks for your comment on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me cry :( I still can't believe that he is gone.

    ReplyDelete